Skip to main content

Technology

Hi folks

As a former Computer Consultant, you'd think that I would love using tecnology - whereas the exact opposite is probably closer to the truth!  Sometimes even the best thought-out plans can be derailed by the simplest of links crashing!

I realise that our internet connection is better than most enjoy this far into the countryside, but I apologise for the occasions that it fails and I lose the stream of thought.  The only way to guarantee that this isn't a real issue would be to record the services first, and upload them as a single video - however I am loath to do this at the moment.

I love the spontaineity of the live recording - and the mistakes, niggles and errors are all part of the joy of going live.  I enjoy the feeling of God's presence and control when streaming live, knowing that I am not using the opportunity to change my message at any stage.  Our parishioners would also report that it feels just like normal - I make the same mistakes, niggles and errors in our "live" church services too!  I'm not perfect, and it certainly shows quite often!  Haha!

I hope that the infrequent disturbances don't affect your involvement with the services, and if I ever disappear suddenly, please don't panic, I'll be back again soon.  I really enjoy reading your comments and knowing that God has used the service to encourage and support you, and I thank Him for the privilege of connecting our lives through his love.

I hope you continue to keep safe, stay well, and I'll keep recording the services.  I know that one day we'll all have to go back to work away from our isolation due to the coronavirus pandemic, but I'll keep on keeping on - at least online anyway!  I made a commitment to celebrate God's provision and security each day during this season of uncertainty - and beyond if it is part of His plan.

Blessings
Johnny
Rector

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiroshima Remembrance

Hi folks Today, 6th August 2025, is the 80th anniversary since the United States of America dropped an atomic bomb on the Japanese city of Hiroshima. Shortly afterwards, they dropped a similar device on another Japanese city of Nagasaki. Between the two events, over 200,000 people died, and Japan surrendered - ending the Second World War. The ripples from these two horrific events are still felt today, and the lessons from them are more relevant in today's world than ever before! Each day we hear about the tensions around the world regarding nations developing nuclear weapons, threatening to release havoc upon the world. Although the weapons are often referred to as deterants, the danger is that the whole world could be effectively ended within minutes if someone decided to release their particular weapon upon an enemy state! I pray that today reminds the world leaders about the absolute devastation that these weapons bring. They do not distinguish between combatants or civilians. ...

Eighth Sunday after Trinity

Hi folks Please find the service sheet for Sunday 10th August 2025, Morning Prayer Two. As usual, we will be streaming the service via Facebook at 11am. Regards Johnny     

August Hymns and Readings

 Hi folks Here's the next list for the readings, readers and hymns for our services throughout August. There are five Sundays this month, and in our normal pattern, our fifth Sunday will be a Cafe Church service in the Parish Hall. As ever - this is just a guide, if you need to swap your date - just let someone know. Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to read each month, and if you'd like to join the list, please let the church wardens or the Rector know. If we need to do so, both David and the Rector are more than happy to fill in for any given reading!